24 May 2013

HARO, my childhood place (ANE)



         


Haro is a town in northwest La Rioja. It is known for its wine and numerous wineries.
I spent my childhood there until the age of twelve.



    
I have very good memories and very good friends.

As an anecdote, it was the first town in Spain to have electric street lighting.

Within its festivities: San Juan, San Felices and San Pedro, highlighting in June 29th, San Pedro that held the popular wine battle, declared of tourist interest.





Whoever can do it, should enjoy it once. 

On the other hand, you can enjoy Our Lady the Virgin de la Vega festivities, which begin the first Sunday in September.


 Foto de Nuestra Señora de la Vega


As important monuments we find, the council (an Haro reference building), the churches of the Basílica of the Vega and the parish of Santo Tomás, also numerous palaces and the Breton theatre.

          


As a curiosity, among the different hotels we can highlight "The Agustinos" Hotel located in a former convent that happened to be before a  hotel,  a hospital, a prison, a school...
Inscriptions made by prisioners in the columns of the cloister are still preserved.

                                          

  Haro has also numerous green spots,such as the "Cheerful sight" path, "The moor fountain" park, the "Felix Rodriguez de la Fuente" park,  and the"Happy Valentine's" place, among several others.

        


 

You can walk very quietly and disconnect from the noise and stress.

It is a place where I would not mind to go back and live there, and I really hope you have enjoyed yourselves.

I desire to visit it again soon. Bye, Bye

1 comment:

  1. Ane I want to know you!!! I really love Haro because my mother lived there, so I loved go to visit my grandparents. I asked Loli to talk to you. bye jarrera from another one. Elisa

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Video: A Brave New World