17 Mar 2014

MY ROUTINE JOB by Chus

I’m an astronaut and I work in the NASA since 2012, that means 15 years ago. My mates don’t take me seriously because I’m not a vocational cosmonaut, it's just a family tradition. My mother was the first woman who steps on in the Moon and my elder brother was part of the second colony settling down in Mars. Although my job seems fascinating, actually is a routine work: we have to clean our spacecrafts, both inside and outside (there is always some competition to have the cleanest one), it's also necessary to have at every moment the space suit prepared because it’s possible to have some job out…That makes me remember… Last year, one day as any other, I was playing cards with my mates in the head office of the NASA when we were interrupted by a signal that came from space. Everyone knows there is life on other planets, so no one was alarmed. However, radar screen detected an old fashioned ship… and it was indeed. It was one in a million of telecommunication satellites launched into space in the eighties and nineties from US and Russia, that became in after called “space junk”. We went to meet the satellite with our fastest aircraft, because it had lost its orbit and was falling quickly to the Earth, and we took it in the last very moment. Now, you can see it and other eighty-year-old ones in the NASA Museum… Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Video: A Brave New World