26 Oct 2017

Writing: Covering Letter

Good morning English III Students

Today in class after doing a listening task we are going to work on the structure of covering letters. 

Here I attach you one multiple choice activity you can do to consolidate some useful vocabulary phrases.

Multiple choice: BBC Get a job

If you want to learn more useful sentences about this "topic", read the following ones. 
They are taken from: https://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/writing/cover-letter/vocabulary-details

  • According to your advertisement, your position requires (skills). These skills I have developed during ... (experience).
  • I understand the position requires (skills). I ... (details why you meet the requirements).
  • I recently graduated from (university) with a degree in (field).
  • Since 2002 / For 2 years I have been working for (company).
  • Following my training as a (job title), I spent (time) working for (company).
  • As (current job) for (company), I have developed my skills and experience as (job title)
  • Prior to my current position, I was working for (company), where I ... (jobs, tasks, skills).
  • Throughout my career I have acquired a thorough knowledge of ...
  • I have solid experience in ...
  • I have more than ... years of ... experience.
  • My experiences / skills / ... will provide your company with a highly productive (job title).
  • I have always had a strong interest in ...
  • I am very competent in ...
  • I very much enjoy both ... and ...
  • My experience in (field) have convinced me that future position) is a career option I would like to explore.
  • My high degree of motivation has been appreciated by my previous employers.
  • Thanks to my high degree of motivation I was quickly promoted to positions of greater responsibility.
  • The enclosed CV / resume elaborates on the details of my skills and experience.
See you later, :)

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Video: A Brave New World