19 May 2015

Basic exam tasks by Alba


TASK 1.
You have been to another part of the country. Write a postcard to your best friend and tell him/ her about your trip. You can talk about what you saw, what you did, the weather, your experiences …
The following pictures can help you to describe the place.
Write between 60-75 words.

Hello Irune,

How are you? I have just got back from a road trip by the Cadiz area with my sister Iris.

The weather was good: all the week it was sunny and, sometimes, it was windy.

We saw Cadiz city, a few towns like Caños de Meca, Tarifa or Conil de la Frontera, but the most beautiful place we saw, was The Trafalgar Lighthouse: an unoccupied  virgin place with a large white sandy beach and a wild aquamarine sea.

Also the landscape was unforgettable, the people were very friendly, pleasant and funny. They always have a smile in their faces.

I hope you go to Cadiz soon because there are so many places to visit and enjoy.

It's 100% recommeded.


Kisses
Alba


TASK TWO 
There is a native English teacher at your school. He/ She is giving a talk next month. Write about him/ her and about the talk in the school magazine. Write 75-90 words and include at least THREE of the following topics:
- Where he/ she was born- Physical appearance- Personality- How long he or she has been in Aragón- How he or she learnt about your school- How he or she feels about living in Aragón- What the talk will be about and how long it will be.



A TEACHER'S TALK
The next month a new English teacher is giving a talk in our school. So I am glad to introduce Sarah Perkins. Sarah is from Glasgow and she is in her thirty’s. She a tall and slim woman, with large straight brown hair, beauty green eyes and a big friendly smile. She is very intelligent, extrovert, friendly and she always has good words for everyone. She is living in Aragon since 2010 and she says this region is her second home.  


Two months ago, when she was teaching in Tarazona, she read in a local newspaper that my school was looking for speakers who could talk about their lives in foreign countries. And now, she will be discussing about this subject at our school along the next month. If you are interested in the  immigrant people who live in Aragon and their feelings, you could take part in this conference and you could contact with the school in foreignconference@goodschool.com.

This magazine recommends full acts of the speech and specially Sarah’s talk.



TASK THREE

HOLIDAY EXCHANGE
Want to know the world? Exchange your main house or holiday house! Beautiful, modern home in Sydney. Perfect for couples with children, close to parks and green areas. Just 15 minutes by bus to the city centre, 20 minutes to Bondi, and 15 minutes to Olympic city. Sydney has so much to offer everybody.
Sleeps 8 Bedrooms 6 Bathrooms 5 Main home
Send an e-mail to the owner of this house showing your interest in exchanging your house with his. Ask for more details such as:

-smoking/non smoking

-pets

-first dinner

-contact pone
(75-100 words)


Good morning,

I’m interested in exchanging my house with yours. I live in Zaragoza, a city of Spain.
Here, in summer, it’s always sunny. The food is tasty and delicious and the people are friendly and funny. My house has got 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room and a wonderful garden with a pool to enjoy with.
I have some questions about your house:
  • I will go with my son. He’s 4 and I don’t want he breaths any harmful smoke. In your house, is smoking allowed?
  • I would also travel with my little Frenchy dog. It’s tiny and it never barks. Could I carry it with me?
  • The flight to Sydney is long and so tired. Is it possible you will prepare for us our first dinner? We will be so grateful.
If you are interested in my proposal, you can contact me by email or by phone. My phone is +34 4234234243.
Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Maria Perez


TASK FOUR


A FILM REVIEW

Think about a film you have recently seen and write a review (75-100 words).

These are the topics you have to talk about:


·         The location and the year of the film.
·         The kind of film.
·         A brief summary of the plot.
·         The acting.
·         The music.
·         The director.
·         Your feelings and reactions to the film.



Last Saturday, I went to watch a film in Puerto Venecia Cinema with my son, my friend Ana and her son. We saw 'The Avengers II', a super heroe's film.
The film was about superheroes who had to save the world. In this movie, the enemy was a robot with artificial intelligence and all along the film a lot of fights and action scenes were performed.

In this movie famous actors and actress took part. My favourite ones were Robert Downey Jr. and Scarlett Johansson because their performances were fantastic.
I don’t know who the director was, but in this kind of films, it doesn't matter. The really important aspect is the action, the adrenalin.

This film won’t win any award but it’s funny and very entertaining. I recommend it for both, children and adults. I can be worth to watch it if you want to spend a nice afternoon.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Video: A Brave New World