| PRESENT | PAST | PAST PARTICIPLE |
| study | studied | studied |
| be | was / were | been |
| have | had | had |
| VERB TENSE | EXAMPLE |
| IMPERATIVE | Study English, please. |
| PRESENT SIMPLE | I study English twice a week. |
| PRESENT CONTINUOUS | I'm studying English at the Adult Center. I'm going to study English. |
| PRESENT PERFECT | I have studied English for many years. |
| PRESENT PERFECT CONTINUOUS | I have been studying English for many years. |
| PAST SIMPLE | I studied English at school. |
| PAST CONTINUOUS | I was studying English when the phone rang. |
| PAST PERFECT | I had studied English before moving abroad. |
| PAST PERFECT CONTINUOUS | I had been studying English during my childhood. |
| FUTURE | I will study English in the future. |
| FUTURE PERFECT | By 2015 I will have studied English for 3 years. |
| FUTURE PERFECT CONTINUOUS | By 2015 I will have been studying English for 3 years. |
| CONDITIONAL | I would study English if I had some more time. |
| CONDITIONAL PERFECT | I would have studied English if I had been there. |
| CONDITIONAL PERFECT CONTINUOUS | I would have been studying English during all my life, but nowadays it's not possible for me. |
| VERBAL PERIPHRASIS | EXAMPLE |
| HAVE TO | I have to study English. |
| HAD TO | I had to study English last year. |
| USE TO | I use to study English in the evenings. |
| USED TO | I used to study English when I was young. |
Choose whatever you want, the question is to get familiar with them.
And if you need to reinforce some of the tenses at a basic level,
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.