22 Oct 2013

The Basque Country by Begoña

Hello classmates,

I’m going to tell you something about my holidays, which I enjoyed at the beginning of July.  My husband and I had been thinking about the idea of visiting the Basque Country for a long time, but the political conflicts in the Basque Society had stopped us.  But the truth is we were pleasantly surprised due to their friendly people, landscapes, their culture and gastronomy….

We did the journey in our own car and we stayed for seven days, which were, two to Vitoria (Gasteiz) and its surroundings; another two days in Bilbao, but as we couldn’t find anywhere to stay, we went to Santurce (Santurtzi) to sleep for a couple of days; and finally, San Sebastián (Donostia) where we visited: The Shell beach, we were also walking through its close streets and besides, we tasted great 'tapas' accompanied by the famous wine called Txacoli; The Igeldo Mountain and several towns such as: Zarauz, Hondarribia, Guetaria; and eventually a short visit in Biarritz.

But unfortunately all my photos fell on the floor because I was in a hurry, so I would like you help me to organize them.

Thanks a lot! Bye, bye!


  1. In this photo we are beholding the suspension bridge and walking along it. Do you know its name?
  2. It was built to store the wine. It’s a leisure and cultural centre. It has been built over forty-three columns, different all of them.
  3. We went up to the amusement park in the Igeldo Mountain.  There is a cable car. Beautiful views of the city.
  4. One of my passions is the world of dress-making or tailoring.  There is a Balenciaga museum; I visited his museum, (He was one of the most famous designers.Do you know what place I’m talking about?
  5. The Wall city which lives in perfect armony with the medieval and sailor style.  Where do you think it is?
  6. This town is very well-known for a famous cook. Do you know the town? Have you ever been to?
  7. This city has an interesting Ocean museum, as well as many beautiful beaches and many other different museums; it is near our neighbour country. Its name starts by B... 
  8. In this photo we have a look at the Oriol Hotel. It reminds me of fairy tales. With this description, which photo would you choose?
  9. Our first stop was at Vitoria (Gasteiz).  We took this nice photo in the town hall Square.  You can watch one wedding with a young dancer who was dancing typical Basque dance. Which photograph is it?












No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Video: A Brave New World