18 Jan 2013

CHOLESTEROL DIET by Chelo



For a long time several blood tests have been made to me . The doctor told me that I should improve the cholesterol level because although it wasn't excessive it had been increasing every time I visited her.  

She gave me some instructions to reduce the cholesterol:

-       -    You shouldn't eat the following foods: fast food, cream, whole milk, cheese, butter, sauces… and all food made with animal fat.

-         -    You can eat twice or three times a week: eggs (but not fried), egg white is better than yolk because it has less cholesterol; meat with little fat: lamb, pork and veal; shellfish; tins of sardines; free fat sauces; margarine  and some alcoholic beverages.

-       -   And you must follow a  Mediterranean diet because it's the best healthy diet for the heart. You have to eat: vegetables, fruits,  legume, rice, pasta, cereals, chicken and turkey without skin, fish, olive oil,  low fat dairy  products and some dried fruits such as almonds, nuts, … The wine is good if you drink moderate amounts.

-         -     Moreover, if you usually practise some exercise, you will reduce the cholesterol and you will control your weigh.

After this, I have tried to be on a diet and to do some exercise, but not always I have had success and  last year my cholesterol was very high and  I had to start medical treatment.

My doctor explained to me that one part of cholesterol is created by liver and if we can’t control it through diet and exercise, it is necessary to take medication in order to avoid cardiac problems.

Anyway, I must continue with the free fat diet and work out.


Does anybody have cholesterol, too?

Has anybody of you ever had cholesterol? 

What do you do to control it?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Video: A Brave New World