12 Jun 2013

ZARAGOZA TWENTY-FIVE YEARS AGO

Zaragoza is the city where most of us have been living before moving here some years ago.

The first change:
I remember that I could go walking to the school or to the university....just walking....at that moment I couldn't feel that it was a luxurious thing,  but now I remember it with nostalgia.
The city was smaller so everybody walked or took the bus to go  anywhere.
I ride my bike and I  remember that in only fifteen or thirty minutes you crossed the city in any direction and you arrived to all the roads. Now you need one hour to cross the city and maybe you arrive to a road or to a MOTORWAY!!!!! What am I doing here... with a little bike????? Because now the city is bigger than 25 years ago and we need the motorway Z30 and Z40. A2,A4,A6,A26.A4626.....I am really crazy now !!!!

The second change:
If you needed clothes, you could buy them in the only one Corte Ingles, Galerias Preciados, Gay or some little shops.
In spite of  my complaints,  there are better things  now , for example before,  there were only two or three parks, as: "The big park´", the Bruil park , and some squares like San Francisco square. Now there are a lot of gardens and parks as the "agua park" and all the  Ebro river banks, I think it was a pity the Ebro wasn't an important element of the city. There was a very good restoration work .  And we can now take our car and drive on the Z30 or Z40 and  in  only 10 or 20 minutes we are walking by the river banks, Puerto Venecia, or "Parque del Agua", so maybe ...... now Zaragoza is better than 25 years ago.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Video: A Brave New World