5 Feb 2014

A great natural paradise near your house by Javier

Hi everybody,
I am going to speak about a natural jewel that we have got just few minutes from Zaragoza, "El galacho de La Alfranca"
Sometimes I wonder what do I do losing my time, watching TV or being with the computer, instead of searching beautiful places to make a visit.
 I can ride my bicycle or drive my car or even go walking and in just one moment I am there, I can escape and I can feel that I am an explorer, with mosquito bites included, he,he.
The adventure can be ready near your home, you only have to go for it.  It is near you.
 I knew this place many years ago, when it only was a group of ruined buildings and just frequented by amateur naturalists and close neighbours.  It was unknown for people.  I haven't lived in La Puebla de Alfindén since forever, however I often managed to pay a visit there to do some of the things I like, such as watching birds and taking photos or practising mountain biking or hiking.  There I can do all those things at same time.

And now I feel fortunate and lucky for living nearby.  I invite you to know it.

This place has changed very much, sometimes politicians do good things, only sometimes he, he, and in this occasion they restored this place and its buildings.  And now I am going to explain what you can see there.
We leave La Puebla de Alfindén, we take La Alfranca road for just 3 KM.
And what can we see?















The Alfranca Palace: Palacio de los Condes De Ayerbe, also well known as "Casa Palafox" built at the end of the 18th century, and where the General Palafox lived temporarily when he was called for people from Zaragoza to direct the defence of Zaragoza during the Independence war in 1808.
The building was lately destined to be an Aragonese Environmental headquater and it is a Water Museum in Project.

The monastery of San Vicente de Paul: built in 1884, the Paules Priests lived in there until 1897.  This building was abandoned for many years  and it was almost cause of demolition. At present we can see it completely restored being the Headquarters of the Nature and Environment Interpretation Centre of Aragon.
Another interesting building is the  Bird Recovery Centre of Aragon.  But it is not possible to visit it. 


Nest Area, a restricted area only allowed to be visited with a guide, in my opinion the most interesting place and if you are lucky, you can watch many bird species.

Other activities:

Agriculture and Irrigation Center

This is a building near the C.I.A.M.A. It is a place of entertainment. It has been thought to be visited by children and families. It enables the use of the agriculture and correct use of water.

There are small walks along the Ebro river with very interesting data table.
You can also go horseback riding.

Well, I wish my explanation have arisen your interest to visit "La Alfranca" and let me give you an advice, don't forget the mosquito repellent if you go there in the summer.

Finally  I invite you to see these videos.  They are not in English but they are quite interesting and illustrative.  Hope you like them!




See you


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Video: A Brave New World